Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Long Christmas Week

Upper Case Dorms: 209, 208, 207

210 and 211 (My Dorm with snow). It snowed some this past week which really made it feel like Christmas time. As Ive said before, it doesn't snow as much down here as you'd think, so when it does, it's pretty nice.
It has been a long week and a half. Last tuesday I came down with a cold which meant that I missed most of the Christmas festivities - and there were a lot. I missed the Waste Barn party, the VMF CHristmas party, Christmas dinner, etc. Not the best way to spend Christmas. There are about 1200 people here. We all eat in the same galley, and we come into contact with a lot of people through work, etc. Colds and flus tend to get picked up fairly easily no matter how hard you try to stay well.
But the one thing that I wanted to go to was MAAG on Dec.25. MAAG stands for McMurdo Alternative Art Gallery. I was well enough to attend. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.


Some other dorms

No comments:

Post a Comment